Blackboard is the Learning Management System (LMS) used by WSC and is what students use to access online courses through WSC.
1. You WILL NOT see the courses in which you are registered in Blackboard until the first day of class.
2. It can take 24-48 hours from registration in Campus Connection for a WSC Blackboard account to be created, and up to 24 hours for classes added or dropped after the first day of class to be updated in Blackboard.
3. DO NOT USE Microsoft Internet Explorer. It is NO Longer supported for use with Blackboard. Please use Chrome or Firefox.
4. If you have never taken an online course through WSC please check out the Blackboard 101 training course below to prepare you for your online experience.
New User/First Time Login
- Your Username and Password are the same as your Campus Connection username and password.
- Please make sure you are using the correct login credentials.
- Access Blackboard here.
Using correct information but still having problems?
- Login credentials are case sensitive.
- Cookies must be enabled for you to log in successfully.
- Contact Campus Support at 701.774.4590
Blackboard has a wonderful website full of helpful information for both students and instructors. Please visit the following website to access this great resource.
It is important your computer has the following requirements in order to access your online classes.
- Microsoft Windows 8, 10
- Mac OS X
- Chrome Books or tablets are not recommended
Recommended Internet Browsers
- Some classes may require a webcam/microphone
- Microsoft Office 2016 or Office 365
- (Students can download Office 365 from their student email)
Some online courses require students to have their exams proctored by an approved proctor or proctoring services. This will be noted in the Class note sections of Campus Connection and can be viewed by potential students prior to enrolling in courses. This will also be stated in the course syllabus. The WSC Learning Commons proctors for WSC online students at no cost by appointment.
Click here for additional information regarding proctoring in the Learning Commons. Other outside proctors, including ProctorU may charge a fee to proctor exams, these fees may vary. Any cost associated with test proctoring is the responsibility of the student.
Students Outside of North Dakota Interested in Online Programs from WSC state and federal laws require colleges and universities to be authorized to offer online degree programs in states other than their own. WSC is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (SARA).
All states in blue fall under this agreement. If you have questions regarding anything on this page please contact Katie Peterson at 701.774.4594.